Sunday, July 15, 2012

Foody update

So every time I cook and want to talk about it, I forget to take pictures. I will try to improvise however...
Tonight I made a chicken stir-fry with a hoisin and soy sauce mix over rice. Ryan is one of the most unhealthy eaters I have ever met so seeing him eat this put me at ease a little.

The ingredients were as followed:

  • 3 small boneless chicken breast filets (sliced)
  • 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 3 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons corn starch (for thickening)
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • fresh green beans (optional)
  • red bell pepper (half, sliced)
  • kale (optional)
  • 1 bag of frozen stir-fry veggie mix
  • canola oil (use judgement)



  1. In a medium sized bowl I mixed the sliced chicken with the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and corn starch and set aside for about 1 hour.
  2. In a wok I used a small amount of canola oil to steam the veggies, including the kale, green beans and the red bell pepper on medium-high heat for about 10-15 minutes. *MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE THE VEGGIES SOMEWHAT CRISP!
  3. I found it easier to remove the veggies from the wok and set aside, using the wok to cook the chicken.
  4. Cook the chicken until it is tender (approx. 7 minutes on medium-high) and then add the veggies back into the wok along with your chicken.
  5. Steam some rice.
  6. Pour your chicken and veggie mixture over rice and serve.


Quick and easy meal! Serves 4 


No comments:

Post a Comment

www.Hypersmash.com